Phase 2B - First Round of Public Consultations
Post date: Jun 10, 2011 10:52:08 PM
Phase 2B of this project is now in progress with the following public consultation meetings planned.
Pre-registration for these meetings is required and can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call Roche-Genivar at 613-829-2800 or register on line at http://www.ncrcrossings.ca/en/consultation.php.
- Mon June 13 – 7pm-10pm – Cyrville Community Centre 4355 Halmond Dr – Provisional date if too many register for any of the following 3 “Community Consultation Group” meetings.
- Tue June 14 – 7pm-10pm – Ray Friel 1585 Tenth Line Rd Orléans – Corridor 5 (Kettle Island) “Community Consultation Group”.
- Wed June 15 – 7pm-10pm – Ray Friel 1585 Tenth Line Rd Orléans – Corridor 6 (Lower Duck) “Community Consultation Group”.
- Thur June 16 - 7pm-10pm – Ray Friel 1585 Tenth Line Rd Orléans – Corridor 7 (MacLaurin Bay/Gatineau Airport) “Community Consultation Group”.
- Sat June 18 – 9am-noon – Cyrville Community Centre, 4355 Halmont – “World Café Style” table discussions
The Jun 18th, World Cafe meeting is intended for those interested in this project but who are not directly impacted by any one of the particular corridors (5, 6, or 7).
An initial PCG meeting was held on Jun 7 which Sustainable Solutions participated in. There was considerable discontent at this meeting at the lack of advance notice for the set of meetings listed above. The PCG was informed that the dates for the meetings had been set by the NCC. It appears that the dates are rushed so as to try and complete this first (of 4 total) rounds of public consultations before the summer. The challenges of the summer break are real, however a rushed set of public consultations does little to allay public fears that their input is not considered that important.
The project timeline envisages making a final selection of 1 of the 3 corridors by end of 2012 and then performing a design and environmental assessment for a bridge at the selected corridor during 2013.